Thursday, March 20, 2014

Whats up HST 314?!

Hello HST314! 
My parents gave me the unfortunate name of "Hanbing Zhang" at birth so that is why I prefer to be called Serena Zhang instead. Why such an odd name? Good question... I am originally from Beijing, China where I was born and lived for several years. My parents and I emigrated from Beijing to Boston, MA when I was about ten years old. So if I have many grammatical errors in my writing, I kind of have an excuse. But at the same time not really because I live on the downtown campus and I'm a journalism major at Cronkite, so I should start improving on my grammar skills. My goal is to one day be able to travel around the world and report about many interesting things and interview many interesting people. 
I love traveling. It is my dream to visit all of the 7 wonders of the world, the new 7 wonders of the world, and the 7 natural wonders of the world by the time I am 40. And also, visit every country in some way in my life (No, connecting flights at airports does not count) 
I'm not sure if America has a defining culture, or if it ever did. There are so many different languages and culture here that I can't think of anything that is purely "American"... Ok maybe McDonalds. I do think however, the counterculture of the 60s is coming back as seen in contemporary fashion statements, view on drugs, and the music scene. 
I look forward to this class actually, the books seem to be interesting. 

Larry the cable guy - what people from other countries think the US is like. But, his show on The History Channel is actually pretty good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment